My recipe for strawberry sauce/jam is simple,is easy, is super quick and requires little to no work.I eat this a lot of ways-with bananas and granola,with a piece of lightly toasted bread, as a topping for my 5 minute home-made banana ice cream-the choices are endless, but my favorite way of eating this is with greek yogurt and granola.
- 1 cup crushed strawberries.
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Boil the water with the salt and sugar till all the sugar dissolves.
- Add the blueberries and strawberries (I like my sauce to be a little thick so I pulse the fruit a couple of times in the food processor till it achieves a consistency of part-chopped-up-fruit and part-juice)
- Cover the bowl with the lid and let it simmer on low heat for about 25 minutes-stir occasionally.
- Taste the sauce depending on how sweet or tangy the fruits are you might need more sugar.
- Uncover the lid and cook for another 15 minutes till the water evaporates and the sauce thickens.
- After taking of the heat add lime juice and stir-once the sauce cools transfer into a glass jar.
- Refrigerated the sauce lasts for up-to a week.