J.Crew Warehouse Sale
I got to know about the J.Crew warehouse sale from a friend who used to live in Arden.Its a sale where you can get J.Crew and Madewell items deeply discounted-We are talking 90-95% discounted.The warehouse sale typically occurs once every month on the weekends near their distributions centers in Asheville,NC and Lynchburg, VA.
I have been to the Asheville sale twice (In December,2012 and on Saturday).Depending on which day you go, there can be a line.The first time I went it was a Sunday and there was no line-We reached at 11 and got in directly.This weekend,when we went on Saturday , there were about 60 people inline,ahead of us.We waited about 45 minutes to get in.
As soon as you enter you are handed a giant bag and price list ($10 pants,$15 dresses,$15 sweaters etc).All the merchandise is placed in cardboard boxes and you have to dig through it to find your size (Its not sorted by size).While the deals are great it can be quite overwhelming to go through box upon box trying to find items.Boxes are labeled by type of clothing-kids,dresses,bottoms,men,shirts,shoes and accessories but as the day progresses things get mixed and moved around.
You are not supposed to try on the items but this rule is not enforced.After you fill your bag find a quite corner go through all your items and try them on.
J.Crew Warehouse Sale Location
1.J.Crew Clearance Store
25 Millrace Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24502
2.J.Crew Clearance Store
1 Clifford Way
Arden, NC 28704
- To know when the sales are going to happen,call the clearance store and get on their email list.
- Go on a Sunday-you wont have to wait in line and there is still plenty of inventory
- Take a friend-the drive there as well as the entire experience can get tiring,having a friend along to keep you company makes the day go by faster
- There are no mirrors in the warehouse -if you have a friend along,they can tell you how a certain item looks on you (You can also as them to click pictures on the phone before deciding on an item)
- Eat before you get in-you are going to be there for at least 2-3 hours.
- Once you have filled your bag go to a corner and go through each item-I found a couple of sweaters which had holes in them.
- Don’t go in with a fixed list-be open to trying out different items.I didn’t find any no 2 pencil skirts but I saw a lot of jeans and pants.
- Wear fitted clothing-a long tank top and leggings are the best (You can easily try on the items you want).
- Know your sizes especially in the bottoms-There were a lot of different types of J.Crew and Madewell jeans.If you know your size and the fit you like it can be pretty straightforward e.g.If you like the toothpick jeans and are a size 6-its just a matter of finding it.
- I would recommend getting all the items dry-cleaned before wearing them.
The tweed dresses that I had mentioned in my previous post- Classic Additions To A Wardrobe were only $15 each.
After you are done shopping I would recommend going to Biltmore Park Town Square to grab a bite to eat.Its a quaint open shopping district with paved cobbled streets and specialty shops and restaurants.See pictures from my trip here.
Happy Happy Monday! Did you go shopping this weekend?What did you buy?