Roasted bell peppers are really easy to make and require little to no effort.Here is how I do it-
- Red Bell Peppers
- Pinch of salt
- Olive Oil
- Fresh oregano
- Wash and thoroughly clean the roasted bell peppers.
- Dry the bell peppers well and then make a vertical slit.The slit allows the gases and the fluid to escape while the peppers roast.
- Line the bell peppers on a baking sheet and put them in an oven which has been pre-heated to 375 degrees for about an hour.The peppers need to be turned every 15 minutes so that they roast evenly.
- Prepare an ice bath-I dunk the peppers as soon as I take them out of the oven- the faster you dunk them the easier they are to peel.
Roasted bell peppers freeze incredibly well.I generally roast about 4 bell peppers at a time-I use two during the week and freeze the other two for a later date.I like to season the bell peppers that I freeze them.
How to store homemade roasted bell peppers
Add roasted bell peppers to a zip-loc bag.Season with salt,olive oil and fresh oregano.
- Finely sliced roasted bell peppers are a great addition to chick pea salad.
- On toast with garlic butter and fresh mozzarella.
- To make tomato-red bell pepper soup.
Fluted Cap Sleeve Dress from Ann Taylor
I recently picked up the Fluted Cap Sleeve Dress from Ann Taylor.In person the dress is a lot redder than it appears online.I am generally a tad apprehensive when it comes to wearing bright red but there was something about this dress that I really liked. I don’t have anything similar to this dress in my closet and its a fun pop of color to my wardrobe which has a lot of neutrals.Here are a few ideas on how to wear this dress multiple ways-
As a skirt
I often wear my dresses as skirts-this allows me to dress up or dress down my outfit depending on the occasion.
For those days that you want to look polished but not overdone.
With a Blazer
That is what you bought after all.